1. That dog looks so adorable, congrats!

2. FightClubAlumni says:

Looks great. You can get some pieces of wood and put white string lights with some orange tissue paper fire.

3. Cien_fuegos says:

I did something like this last year when I was in an apartment. The only thing that cost more was the brick wallpaper I got from Hobby Lobby. Yours looks way better than mine.

4. SakuraStorm8312 says:

I made a similar chimney last year from dollar store supplies (besides the brick paper.)
    Dollar store has black project board I put at the back so it’s like the back of it was black, can put a little fire in the front from fabric or something 😀

Either way, nice job!

5. lizards0112 says:

It’s so well done! So creative and I’m sure your family loves it!

6. Rough_Commercial4240 says:

Super 🥰

7. That’s genius! And adorable!

8. a_convenient_name says:

We did this the last couple years because we didn’t have a fireplace! It actually became a permanent installation in the kids room.

I used scrap wood to make a frame so the stockings wouldn’t pull it over, and for anyone else who’s doing it this year and doesn’t want to buy the paper: if you mix sand with red paint (add a little brown to it) you can use a sponge to make a realistic brick print. The sand gives it a realistic texture.

Yours looks awesome! Good job!

9. AutoModerator says:

Hey marcusbsa1987, thank you for your image contribution! We like to have discussions here on r/frugal. To avoid your post being removed;

**If you’re posting something you made, repaired or refurbished**, please leave a top-level comment under your post explaining how or why you went about it, how much it cost, how much time it took, etc., and share the recipe or materials needed.

**If you’re posting a general image**, please leave a comment explaining how it relates to frugality and any other details you’d like to share! Thank you for participating in r/frugal!

*I am a bot, and this action was performed automatically. Please [contact the moderators of this subreddit](/message/compose/?to=/r/Frugal) if you have any questions or concerns.*

10. felix_mateo says:

That looks great

11. Commercial-Plenty-16 says:

That’s so creative and well executed, you really have a knack for crafts/decorating!

12. DerpensteinsMonster says:

Yea! That’s awesome! My parents did this for my brother and me, way back in the 90’s. We got a bunch of construction paper and cut it all out together. I remember it vividly. I’m sure your children will remember this for a long time, too.

13. Nothing wrong with that. People that can spend ridiculous amounts of money on everything are rare.

14. Oldnavylover says:

SO CUTE! Great job, OP!

15. IcyChampionship3067 says:

Fabulous!

16. That is SUCH a lovely idea and beautifully executed! Some people are just so creative!

17. MrFake_Name says:

You did a great job!

18. _Redoubt_ says:

That looks amazing

19. Nomis-Got-Heat says:

That’s amazing!!

20. SailorJupiterLeo says:

After living here for 25 years, pre epidemic, we finally got one. I thought they might take it away, but no. Before, we had to go to Wyoming or Colorado. So many odds and ends and surprises. Love this store.