Does anyone know a way for me to close up these holes? I don’t think I can sew it cause it’s coming off of thick rubber :/

View Source by Throwaway39582725

1. Massive-Emergency-42 says:

Fabric glue is strong as hell, mostly waterproof, and (most importantly for a shoe) flexible. I’d use that and then stitch it in as close to the rubber as you can for extra support.

To make sewing a shoe easier, don’t try to go all the way through. Instead, run the thread through the top layers horizontally if you can.

2. Arabianeyegoggles says:

Just spit balling, but you could probably fix it with an iron on patch.

3. AutoModerator says:

Hey Throwaway39582725, thank you for your image contribution! We like to have discussions here on r/frugal. To avoid your post being removed;

**If you’re posting something you made, repaired or refurbished**, please leave a top-level comment under your post explaining how or why you went about it, how much it cost, how much time it took, etc., and share the recipe or materials needed.

**If you’re posting a general image**, please leave a comment explaining how it relates to frugality and any other details you’d like to share! Thank you for participating in r/frugal!

*I am a bot, and this action was performed automatically. Please [contact the moderators of this subreddit](/message/compose/?to=/r/Frugal) if you have any questions or concerns.*

4. Visible-Sort-1396 says:

Carefully crazy glue.

5. very-simple-guy says:

My girlfriend once sew similar holes, but it ripped again next to the old hole :-/

6. deeptech60 says:

Cut your toe and that’s it

7. Due_Draw2668 says:

You might need to reinforce the inside with a patch as well as shoe goo.