**Edit: This thread is becoming a big deal so… THANK YOU EVERYONE !**
**NOTE: I did NOT created this thread to ask for financial help ! I created this thread to ask or an ADVICE and I went into personal details to make a POINT that the situation I am in right now its quite a BIG DEAL for me .**
* Hey guys , so I recently found myself in a difficult situation financially so I decided to **sell some stuff** that I dont use or need anymore to gather some extra money from here and there.
* I have a 8 months little baby girl and things are harder for us.
**VERY IMPORTANT :** I live in a third world country with poor economy ( average salary 200$ / month )
* Two weeks ago I found someone who was interested to **buy** my Steam account high LVL 100 + 300 games in library ( I built this account over the course of 10 years ) so since I struggle with money I decided I can live without it. **We agreed to 150USD and everything went smoothly** . The buyer sent me the money via PayPal and I provided him with the access to the account witch he eventually **changed email and password** . ( as agreed ) He was really happy with the purchase thanking me multiple times , I was excited as well and **everything was great.**
* After our business concluded of course **I withdraw** the money and used it for my needs ( mostly food & dippers for my 8 months baby girl )
* **FAST FORWARD 14 days later** I receiving this **EMAIL** from **PayPal** : **You received a new case >The buyer stated the the item was defective or not as described.** And basically stating that he requested a refund. When I logged in into my PayPal account I was surprised to see my balance was negative ( **-150$ USD** ) with red colour.
* ( **A temporary hold was placed on the transaction amount** so I am not in debt yet ) but I assume I will be if the situation will end up in the buyer favour.
* Of course PayPal encouraged me to solve this issue with the buyer ( talking with him and reach a mutual agreement ) to avoid **escalation** but at that point I realised I have to deal with a **SCAMMER so I decided to ESCALATE the issue myself .**
* **I stated exactly what was happening :** The buyer purchased a digital item 14 days ago ( a video-game account ) and the item was delivered exactly as described . The buyer was happy with the purchase and **CURRENTLY** the buyer has **FULL ACCESS** to the account ( he changed email and password ) so I am unable to recover it. I believe the buyer is trying to commit fraud by requesting a refund after so much time .
* **NOW MY QUESTIONS ARE :**
1. **How do you guys think this will be solved ?** If someone has a similar experience how did it get solved .
2. **What else can I do in this situation ?** Any advice is much appreciated.
3. **What will happen If I leave my balance negative ?** Because **150$ FOR ME** its **A LOT** right now and I honestly have to make **HUGE** **SACRIFICES** to pay that money back and even if i do that **ITS NOT FAIR** besides that my Digital Asset was stolen from me now I have to pay for it as well ? It is like a double loss .
The content was posted by coolOPSEC on 2021-11-07 14:38:36 via reddit