I need advice. I’m have been talking to someone on Instagram who seems fake. She has given her address and wants to go there. If this is a scam what sort of scam would this be?

Update

We were supposed to met at a public place. She didn’t show. Then I went to the address that she gave. It was for an apartment complex. I rang the doorbell and an old man answered. He knew nothing about her. I’m not sure what to make of things.

The content was posted by travjbarnes on 2021-11-11 18:11:57 via reddit

1. Aunty_Fascist says:

If someone seems fake it doesn’t matter what scam they’re running, you just stop communicating with them and move on.

Without more information than this I couldn’t tell you the scam. Your title is vague and part of it doesn’t make sense.

So all I can tell you is to listen to your gut. It says something is off, so avoid it.

2. brewerybitch says:

Don’t go to a strangers address. Meet in public. If you are going there for the purposes of sex… scam.

3. SalaciousNumb says:

I’ve seen this scam posted here before. She invites you over for sex. When you’re on the way she texts to ask you to buy entertainment gift cards for her kids, to keep them busy while you bang. She insists that you to text her the gift card details before you get there. You arrive and the people at that address have never heard of her. The end.

4. lightfair says:

If you mean by “address” a web site: please post it here.

5. kowalski655 says:

Next thing you know you wake up in a bath of ice, missing a kidney

6. It could be a scam to get you somewhere and claim you assaulted them or something.

7. If you think it’s a scam, it probably is.

8. gutfounderedgal says:

The fact you’re taking the time to ask and post here indicates you already believe this is too scammy to follow up on.

I concur, don’t go. Cease contact. There are decent/real people out there who you can meet.

9. All you have to do is trust your guts. If it is fake, then, don’t go. Likely, someone is gotta meeting up with you(who? we don’t know. Could be another girl or a group of men). But the bottom line is they are probably gonna extort you for money.

But could you elaborate on what do you mean by address?

10. talturios says:

Hell no don’t go there! It could be a set up to rob you. Normal people would meet up at a public place first. In fact video chat first to confirm she is even that person. If she doesn’t want to do that, catfish or some shady shit afoot for sure

11. Catfished, becareful your not taken and they take your organs.

12. after you know that she is fake, you still come to see her? what you expect then 😂