I used to buy flavoured fizzy water for around 80c a litre, now i make my own for less than 10c a litre

View Source by esmereldaskysurfer

1. BigGulpsHuhSeeULater says:

Sodastream is a game changer!

2. esmereldaskysurfer says:

Sodastream to carbonate the water, homemade syrup in a reused bottle (2 sachets of powder drink mix, $1.99 for 6, mixed with water, each bottle lasts 9 litres minimum so it works out like 7c a litre).

Shake up the syrup really well and leave at least overnight before adding to sparkling water or it’ll go a bit coke n mentos.

3. AutoModerator says:

Hey esmereldaskysurfer, thank you for your image contribution! We like to have discussions here on r/frugal. To avoid your post being removed;

**If you’re posting something you made, repaired or refurbished**, please leave a top-level comment under your post explaining how or why you went about it, how much it cost, how much time it took, etc., and share the recipe or materials needed.

**If you’re posting a general image**, please leave a comment explaining how it relates to frugality and any other details you’d like to share! Thank you for participating in r/frugal!

*I am a bot, and this action was performed automatically. Please [contact the moderators of this subreddit](/message/compose/?to=/r/Frugal) if you have any questions or concerns.*

4. gusogusocaperuz says:

Save the rest for a new kidney

5. peak_hwyl says:

When you say “I make my own”, you might want to add a bit more information.

I’ve seen those bottles in Ubers.

6. Rubberbangirl66 says:

i take organic cherry juice, and mix with a simple sugar. I add a splash of vanilla, and hit the Soda Stream. Works like a charm.