I am 99% sure this is a scam, I just feel I need some verification, or more specifically to hear if anyone is familiar with this, and what type of scam it is(Money mule scam I believe?)
I will do my best to describe it in the most efficient way I can:
* Friend calls me tells me he has a mini side job for me if I want, says to me: this German guy wants to buy bitcoin but there is a limit in Germany on how much he can buy and that’s why he need us for, and explains how it’s perfectly legal
* I contact the guy he explains the process
1. Open N26 bank account I send you money
2. You transfer it to Revolut
3. Keep 5% send the rest to a Crypto app(Kraken)
4. Send the rest to a bitcoin wallet
* I get to step 3. and I do not send anything to a wallet because I am warned it is a scam, and people tell me it’s a scam. I report it to the bank, they said they will start and investigation. I will go to the police today too.
* I tell the friend, and sadly I realize he does not have any morals and doesn’t care about it.
* I start getting texts yesterday from my “friend” and his friends how I just stole from the guy
* And finally I am scared as hell. I don’t want to mention my “friend” to the police but it is unavoidable because many info and why I believed it was legal came from him…
I also asked my friend what he was told exactly this is about: he sends me a message from the guy that says, you’ll work for my company as a virtual assistant, we work with clients who want to buy bitcion in Germany where there is a limit on it.
I informed myself right before reporting it, found out there are no limits in Germany etc..
P.S. My girlfriend already made a thread on here about it, but I wanted to post again explaining it in more detail, in case somebody is in similar situation, and if so, that they can get out of it.
The content was posted by LukasNation on 2021-11-12 12:04:06 via reddit