New Scam Type – Threatening to kill me and my family. Anyone ever seen this one before?

The content was posted by Lance2700 on 2021-10-07 19:01:50 via reddit

1. DysnomiaATX says:

“I am a man of very few words” BRICK OF TEXT. 🤣 It’s an old scam, safe to ignore, they’re playing a numbers game and sending that text to thousands of numbers hoping one person will respond.

2. Aunty_Fascist says:

It’s not a new scam by any means. !escort

3. teratical says:

Super common. Here’s someone who got the same thing two days ago: [https://www.reddit.com/r/Scams/comments/q2bed1/death_threat_scam/](https://www.reddit.com/r/Scams/comments/q2bed1/death_threat_scam/)

Here’s another thing to think about to assure yourself it’s just a bluff. Would a real cartel member risk a murder conviction simply because someone “wasted their girl’s time”? Of course not. Real-world criminals reserve violence (and the threat of law enforcement it brings down on them) for real, serious infractions of their criminal underworld.

This is just a guy in an internet cafe overseas trying to scare you into thinking he’s in a cartel. It’s 100% bluff. We see it posted here all the time, with word-for-word the same texts.

Also, just so you know, you need to block out phone numbers in screenshots. This is both a sub and Reddit-wide rule.

4. JustMMlurkingMM says:

It’s not new at all, just delete it and block.

I have to say I do love the idea of a gangster who starts with a menacing “I’m a man of few words” then proceeds to write about a thousand words, and uses “sir please” in his threat. I’m picturing a scrawny Indian teenager in a Bangalore Internet cafe.

5. theradtacular says:

I doubt a real criminal would be giving that much of their personal information as well.

6. Huddlestone says:

Cartel scam. They have nothing on you. How many times jave I seen the same script over and over again?

7. Phantom_Steve says:

I promise it will be a short speech…