*Update: we got a notice in the mail for a medical bill for a whole $82 that the medical office never bothered to send us, but sent straight to collections. Because that makes so much sense, ha. Thanks again everyone for the responses, I’m glad I waited for written notification and now I know.
Received a call from United Collections Bureau asking for a callback. It’s a scam right?
Why I think it’s a scam:
– contacted me by phone
– didn’t identify me by name or state the debt they were collecting
– my credit reports from all three credit bureaus come back clean – no delinquent accounts.
– asked for a callback from me
Why it MIGHT not be a scam:
– Google searches reveal UCB is supposedly a legit company
– The call sounded way more professional than most scammers
I’m like 90% irritated, 10% concerned. What do y’all think?
The content was posted by amhdaniel on 2021-10-06 00:07:32 via reddit